Archive | Spam Traps & Spam Complaints RSS feed for this section
There are 3 separate components to SpamCop:
1. Reporting Service (End users proactively report you)
2. Mail Service (Providers can subscribe to this service to handle filtering)
3. Block List (These are the blocks you may see in your account that we take action on on your behalf)
Today, we're going Read more...
Canada's Anti Spam Law (CASL) went into effect on July 1st. (Incidentally, this is "Canada Day"!)
This law applies to anyone that is mailing to recipients in Canada, whether or not you are based in Canada.
A few of the key "must know" items include:
* You must contain identifying information in Read more...
Spam Traps can cause big problems in your email program. In this article, we will discuss:
What exactly are Spam Traps;
What are the types of Spam Traps; and
The impact of Spam Traps on your sender reputation.
Types of Traps
Pristine spam traps are used SOLELY to capture "spammers". These are addresses Read more...
Spam cop is a 3rd party “spam reporting” service operated by IronPort systems.
In order to understand Spam Cop, you need to understand how it actually works and why it’s causing your email messages to get blocked.
At the very heart of the Spam Cop system is a sophisticated “parser” which Read more...
SORBS, founded by an Australian named Matthew Sullivan, stands for Spam and Open-Relay Blocking System.
At one point in our Internet's young past, open relays were a huge problem.
An open relay is simply an email server, which allows anybody in the world to connect to, and send email through.
The problem with this Read more...
Best Practices Report
- Recent Posts
- We wanted to take a moment to wish you...
- This is another topic we have covered before, but...
- There are 2 main types of spam traps: 1....
- Email Deliverability (72)
- Email Delivered (89)
- Email Engagement (21)
- Email Inbox (21)
- Email Marketing (125)
- Email Marketing Best Practices (37)
- Email Marketing Tips (80)
- Email Software (3)
- General (2)
- inbox placement (5)
- Opt-in (1)
- Pre-Sales (3)
- Pricing & Payment (6)
- Referral Program (1)
- Set Up (5)
- Spam Traps & Spam Complaints (6)
- subject lines (1)
- Support (3)
- Technical (12)
- Unsubscribe (2)
content as PDF