Deliverability Rules are Changing
Each and every day, we talk with customers and new clients about what it takes to make it to the inbox.
As you know by now, this is a moving target...
However, there are a handful of things you need to know that ARE impacting your deliverability (many of which are solely in your hands):
1. Email List - In this case, I'm referring specifically to good email addresses (i.e. addresses that aren't bouncing due to bad addresses).
2. Engagement rates - This goes hand in hand with your email list. This used to be a "best practices" SUGGESTION, but now it's a deliverability requirement. If you want to maintain high inbox placement rates, you must mail only to those subscribers that want to receive your emails.
NOTE: We recently launched a consulting program/audit package that helps clients with list analysis, segmentation, copy suggestions, re-engagement campaigns, and more... If you need help with this, or to outsource it, please contact us and we can see if our consulting packages are a good fit for you.
3. Low Complaints - While many will tell you that the complaint rate ranges between .01% and .03%, there is evidence that the larger the list, the lower that number is.
NOTE: If you receive a lot of complaints early on in the send, this can cause certain ISPs to throttle your mail, or reject it entirely, in some cases.
4. Message Content - You simply must test your content before sending it out. The filters are much more aggressive and your messages are being compared against millions and millions of other email messages the ISPs receive each day. They are evaluating how other subscribers are handling those emails.
NOTE: Affiliate launches have proven this time and time again. Senders with pristine reputation and high inbox rates are often sent straight to the junk folder when using the same swipe copy as 100s of other affiliates.
5. Domains - Domains are playing more and more of a role in what happens to your emails. This includes sending domain, from address domain, and any and all domains IN your messages. It's important to watch out for domains and test regularly.
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
Deliverability rules are changing. To discover the deliverability secrets of the most successful email marketers, visit http://www.EmailDelivered.com/blog Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.
These resources are for members-only. Get your VIP pass now!
Best Practices Report
- Recent Posts
- Most email systems send to the oldest contacts first....
- We hope that you and your family had a...
- We hope you are enjoying the quieter week while...
- Email Deliverability (74)
- Email Delivered (93)
- Email Engagement (21)
- Email Inbox (21)
- Email Marketing (125)
- Email Marketing Best Practices (37)
- Email Marketing Tips (80)
- Email Software (3)
- General (3)
- inbox placement (5)
- Opt-in (1)
- Pre-Sales (3)
- Pricing & Payment (6)
- Referral Program (1)
- Set Up (5)
- Spam Traps & Spam Complaints (6)
- subject lines (1)
- Support (3)
- Unsubscribe (2)
content as PDF